Third Accuser Sues Hip-Hop Mogul for Sexual Assault

by NEW YORK DIGITAL NEWS


Sean “Diddy” Combs has been hit with a third lawsuit alleging sexual assault under the Adult Survivors Act that expired after Thanksgiving. The new complaint from an anonymous accuser alleges Combs and singer-songwriter Aaron Hall took turns raping the plaintiff and her friend in 1990 or 1991 – and that Diddy turned violent during a rage days later.

In the filing, obtained by Rolling Stone, Jane Doe alleges she and her friend met Diddy and Hall at an event hosted by MCA Records, the distributor of Uptown Records, at the company’s offices in New York. “Combs and Hall were very flirtatious and handsy with Jane Doe and her friend, offering them drinks throughout the night,” the filing reads.

As the event was winding down, Combs and Hall allegedly invited the women back to Hall’s apartment for an afterparty. “While at Hall’s apartment, Jane Doe was offered more drinks and was coerced into having sex with Combs,” the filing claims. “After Combs finished doing his business, Jane Doe laid in bed, shocked and traumatized. As she was in the process of getting dressed, Hall barged into the room, pinned her down and forced Jane Doe to have sex with him.”

The complaint says Jane Doe quickly got dressed and fled from Hall’s residence after the alleged rape. It alleges she later spoke to her friend and learned the other woman “had been forced to have sex with Combs and Hall in another room.”

“Upon information and belief, when Combs finished with Jane Doe, he and Hall switched,” the paperwork states. A couple days after the alleged assaults, Combs allegedly visited the home where Jane Doe and her friend were staying and turned violent.

“He was irate and began assaulting and choking Jane Doe to the point that she passed out,” the complaint alleges. “Combs was searching for Jane Doe’s friend because he was worried that she would tell the girl he was with at the time what he and Hall had done to them.”

Alongside Hall and Combs, the suit names MCA Music Entertainment and Geffen Records as defendants.

“These are fabricated claims falsely alleging misconduct from over 30 years ago and filed at the last minute. This is nothing but a money grab. Because of Mr. Combs’ fame and success, he is an easy target for anonymous accusers who lie without conscience or consequence for financial benefit,” a spokesperson for Combs said in a statement sent to Rolling Stone on Friday. “The New York Legislature surely did not intend or expect the Adult Survivors Act to be exploited by scammers. The public should be skeptical and not rush to accept these bogus allegations.”

The lawsuit, filed in New York County Supreme Court, alleges Jane Doe “informed her close friends and family about what had occurred.” It claims she sought medical treatment “to heal from the trauma visited upon her by Combs and Hall.”

Trending

The new filing marks the third lawsuit filed against Combs in the days leading up to the expiration of the one-year Adult Survivors Act. The act provided a look-back window for sex assault allegations that had passed the statute of limitations. R&B singer Cassie filed a blockbuster complaint against Combs on Nov. 16 alleging rape, sex trafficking and repeated beatings. (Diddy reached a private settlement with Cassie one day later.)

A second accuser filed a lawsuit earlier on Thursday that alleges Combs drugged and sexually assaulted her when she was a Syracuse University college student in 1991. She alleges Combs filmed the incident and showed the video to others in an act described as “revenge porn.”  Through a rep, Diddy denied the allegation. “This last-minute lawsuit is an example of how a well-intentioned law can be turned on its head. (This) 32-year-old story is made up and not credible. Mr. Combs never assaulted her, and she implicates companies that did not exist. This is purely a money grab and nothing more,” the spokesperon said.   



Source link

You may also like